A good sale to Nairobi. Pricing will vary slightly depending on routing
The fare is a little cheaper if you connect in Accra via New York. However, the flight between Accra and Nairobi is on a plane with only recliner business class seats. We would spend extra to avoid that as that is over 2,600 miles each way.
If you have an American Express Platinum or Centurion card, you can buy this for cheaper via American Express Travel. Pricing is as follows:
- Boston [BOS] – $2,198 ($1,973 after American Express Travel discount)
- New York [JFK] – $1,917 ($1,734 after American Express Travel discount)
- Washington D.C. [IAD] – $2,037 ($1,836 after American Express Travel discount)
(This was sent to our Premium subscribers on February 11th, 2022 at 4:50PM Eastern)
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from New York
- May 15th – 22nd
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Boston / New York Valid for travel until May or late July – early December. A Sunday stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- Washington D.C.: Valid for travel from late March – May or late July – October. A Sunday stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 21 days in advance of departure
- All availability is better in April and May then other timeframes.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Search on Google Flights.
- Try Matrix by ITA Software to search for availability if you are having issues with Google Flights. Matrix by ITA Software month long view of availability is better than Google Flights. Your search screen should look like this:
- For Boston availability, replace JFK with BOS on the Origin field
- For Washington D.C. availability, replace JFK with IAD on the Origin field
Medallion Qualifying Dollars:
- US – Europe: Lie-flat
- Europe – Nairobi: Lie-flat
Direct Aisle Access:
- US – Europe: Yes. 1 x 2 x 1 seating configuration
- Europe – Nairobi: Yes. 1 x 2 x 1 seating configuration
- JFK – CDG (Paris) – NBO (Nairobi) – CDG – JFK
- Not permitted
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
- Miles Flown: 15,320 miles
- Medallion Qualifying Miles: 22,980 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 7,805 miles
How to Buy:
- Book on American Express Travel with dates found on Google Flights or Matrix by ITA Software
- If you have an American Express Platinum or Centurion card, you can save between $185 and $225 booking via them versus booking directly on Delta.