A good sale for nonstop service to Santiago
If you have an American Express Platinum or Centurion card, you can buy this for cheaper via American Express Travel. Pricing is as follows:
- New York [JFK] – $1,292 ($1,232 after American Express Travel discount)
On some dates, Avianca has this for about $200 cheaper. But Aviana requires at least one connection in each direction. In addition, Avianca seems to have only recliners business class seats to Santiago. In contrast, LATAM is nonstop and lie-flat business class seats.
(This was sent to our Premium subscribers on January 25th, 2022 at 4:05PM Eastern)
Sample Travel Date:
- February 7th – 14th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Valid for travel until early April. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 3 days in advance of departure.
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Search on Google Flights.
- Try Matrix by ITA Software to search for availability if you are having issues with Google Flights. Matrix by ITA Software month long view of availability is better than Google Flights. Your search screen should look like this:
Direct Aisle Access:
- Varies. 1 x 2 x 1 or 2 x 2 x 2 seating configuration
- JFK – SCL (Santiago) – JFK
- Not permitted.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
LATAM and Delta partner. Mileage earning with Delta is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 10,274 miles
- Medallion Qualifying Miles: 15,411 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 15,411 miles
- Medallion Qualifying Dollars: $3,082
- Medallion Qualifying Dollars / Spend Ratio: 2.50x
How to Buy:
- Book on American Express Travel with dates found on Google Flights or Matrix by ITA Software
- If you have an American Express Platinum or Centurion card, you can save about $60 booking via them versus booking directly on LATAM.