A good sale to Dublin in Premium Economy. Pricing will vary slightly depending on routing.
Scandinavian Airlines is putting all its European destinations on sale in Premium Economy with most under $800. That’s cheap, the downside is that a lot of destinations will require an overnight layover on the return and some destinations requiring overnight on both outbound and return. Also, Scandinavian recently declared bankruptcy. If we are to take advantage of these Premium Economy fares, we would only take the nonstop destinations. They are:
- Boston – Copenhagen
- Chicago – Copenhagen, Stockholm
- Miami – Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm
- Los Angeles – Copenhagen
- Newark – Copenhagen, Oslo, Stockholm
- San Francisco – Copenhagen
- Washington D.C. – Copenhagen
The sale is from November – early December or January 2023 – March 2023 for most destinations.
Scandinavian Airlines uses the same premium economy seat as the ones found on United. Scandinavian Airlines call its Premium Economy offering as “Plus”
These Premium Economy seats would be akin to domestic first class seats you get on most American, Delta and United flights.
Pricing is as follows:
- Chicago [ORD] -$502
- Newark [EWR] – $498
(This was sent to our Premium subscribers on August 18th, 2022 at 2:35PM Eastern)
Sample Travel Date:
- Sample from Newark
- November 2nd – 9th
- This is just ONE SAMPLE travel date, for more availability, please follow the “Fare Availability” and “How to Search for Availability” instructions below
- Chicago: Valid for travel from November – mid December or January 2023 – early February 2023. A Sunday stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
- Newark: Valid for travel from late November – early December or January 2023 – mid March 2023. A Sunday stay is required. Availability is limited. Must purchase at least 28 days in advance of departure
- Please note that while this fare is valid at time of posting, if this post is more than two days old, the fare is likely gone.
How to Search for Availability:
- Search on Google Flights.
- Try Matrix by ITA Software to search for availability if you are having issues with Google Flights. Matrix by ITA Software month long view of availability is better than Google Flights. Your search screen should look like this:
- For Chicago availability, replace EWR with ORD on the Origin field
Direct Aisle Access:
- US – Europe: No. 2 x 3 x 2 or 2 x 4 x 2 seating configuration
- Within Europe: No.
- EWR – CPH (Copenhagen) – DUB (Dublin) – CPH – EWR
- Not permitted.
- How to Take Advantage of a Stopover
Scandinavian Airline is a member of the Star Alliance and United partner. Mileage earning with United is as follows:
- Miles Flown: 9,111 miles
- Redeemable Miles: 9,111 miles
- Premier Qualifying Points: $1,000
- Premier Qualifying Points / Spend Ratio: 2.00x
How to Buy:
- Book on Scandinavian Airlines with dates found on Google Flights or Matrix by ITA Software